Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Death of Darkness

Well, the cat foster didn't work out. The momma is just too feral and upset to move from her Angels' home. That's just the way she rolls...

Yesterday was another beautiful gift of a day, although windy. The boy cats insist on going outside, but Georgia just watches from her perch. Soon, nests will be full, and I am sure that the lure of bathing in sunlight will be an overwhelming call for her. Me, I am waiting for the frogs to show in the Pond. It will be another month or so of cleaning to call it a pool, and be able to swim in it.

The bloom of the trees is eternal and uplifting, but there is still winter in my heart. At this happiest time of year, I still grieve over the loss of my Mother, and my distance from my brother. Both of my parents were raised with large, extended family surrounding them. They moved so that my brother and I wouldn't have to live with the horror. It makes for a very lonely life sometimes, especially around the holidays. My parents' admonitions of how lucky we were, in childhood, sits like a rotting stump, covered in moss. It makes for lovely sounding words, but brings no fire.

Now, I would be talking about how wonderful spring is, if I had come home with kittens yesterday. Puppies are equally as charming, and I got to smell puppy breath yesterday at the shelter. But, let's face it, I have a gift with cats, and luck with them, knock on wood. How can I go wrong with a creature who is born knowing what a litter box is?

Do you know that a mother cat will lick kittens' poo? They ingest it, to keep predators from finding the kittens. After that period, all cats head for the litter box, on instinct. Designed for comfort from the get go, from a human standpoint. Warmth and the ability to purr, are all designed to make them attractive, I won't even get into personality. Whoa. That they keep rodents at bay, is just so much awesome sauce...

Today, this morning, I ask my Higher Power to lift the burdens of my diagnoses from me, and to let the sun shine in.
Artist Unknown: Please contact if you are the Artist.


1 comment:

  1. My friend, I did not know you had started a blog. How did I miss this? I skimmed over a few posts (have to be getting ready for work soon)and I am hooked. I am ready to join you on your journey. My psychiatrist....I left him a while back. I have been trudging along on my own lately. So far so good.

    ReplyDelete