Monday, April 22, 2013

monday

After a small crisis overnight on Saturday, the New Adventurers are doing much better.
 


The only one still pining is Shrek, who, of course, has bonded with me. He could just be a low key cat. I have never had one of those so I can't tell if he is just being low key, hangin', be bop de woo op, or is quietly wishing I would quit poking him in the butt. 


Perhaps both. Life is full of surprises. 

All these years, I have read Douglas Adams' wonderful books, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe. His hero, Authur Dent, is stranded after the Earth is destroyed, with just a towel.  I always wondered about the towel thing. Now I know. I have pulled out every towel in the house wiping butts for the last couple of weeks. I have found towels I didn't know existed. Towels and vinegar are my new best friends. And cat litter. 

My hands smell vaguely of cat poo and my mouth is dry. I moisten my lips, and turn around, and it's 3 am. The kittens have discovered an expensive silk robe I bought myself for a birthday one year. Very thin, very expensive. 

And, what, pray tell, about the unicorn meat eating cats? They have gone into hiding. No amount of expensive food can cover all contingencies. We have hit the boundary they have set for me.

This is Minkins. His boundary has been crossed.

Me? I am euphoric today, the kittens are better. 



No comments:

Post a Comment