Thursday, April 11, 2013

Lord Chaos

I am astonished and happy to report that the kittens have all lived, and I will visit them in the morning!

As for the weather and kittens, Lord Chaos rules...the fine mist has appeared on the trees...yesterday's group therapy involved a trip to some tulip trees. One young woman in the group had never seen tulip trees up close, and it was good to be there from the miracle of that. Of course, I climbed one, their branches are built for that. Their velvet petals and fresh scent remind me of my visit to Scotland, where the Isle of Skye seemed to have it's own potpourri...unpolluted air.

I have decided that I must have been a sacrifice for druids in another life and age, my love for trees knows no boundaries. To stand on their roots, and listen to the slow song they emit, is the essence of the earth for me. I do not get the same song from rocks, or the ground itself, that I do from trees. And to walk slowly, in dappled sunlight, touching first one's bark, and then another, is one of the finest things I have ever experienced.

Or to ride under them, after a rain, with the leaves plopping big drops down on the horses, and my cheek, and the muggy mist rising from the ground, is like no other song.

I have been walking on the naked ground, barefoot, as much as I can. There was dew on the grass this morning, and the earth is softest where my dog has made a bed. Tomatoes, as always this year, and basil and mint. Perhaps rosemary, and another lavender...

No comments:

Post a Comment