Friday, April 12, 2013

Free *TRIGGER*

Changes: Georgia ventured outside for the first time today; I have switched to an e-cigarette; I am on a diet. The most important is that Georgia, the newest unicorn meat eating cat, has been released from her winter quarters and is outside, in this wet, spring day, exploring. Minkins has decided that enough slogging about in the mud, is enough.

After a little space of time without disturbing dreams, I had one last night. Nothing new, a lot of world politics mixed in there for some reason...which is very bizarre for me. But it's better than some other, bothersome dreams I could have had.

Good therapy session yesterday. Everyone should have a good therapist. I hear of people who exist without them, and cannot believe it. I cannot imagine a world where I used my significant other as a sounding board...someone untrained? Someone who can't give me good advice? No, no.

I have had 2 therapists in my life...3 if you count the man my mother dragged us to whilst we were in our youth...

O good, Ratty and Minkins are in...

My last therapist, I relied on for 17 years...longer than most marriages. Although it degenerated a bit like a marriage in the end, which is not fun, but good practice if I decide to ever get divorced again...

My therapist now, is built for this time in my life: he is much more fun and laughs sometimes at nothing. He is growing older too, and his body is changing, as mine is. We laugh about that, too. He is almost a friend. But, behind it all, we know why we talk, and why I am there. It's much easier to entice a patient into attending group and appointments, under the cloak of sitting on the porch in a swing, and passing the time.

Georgia is in.

The e-cig I am smoking is coffee flavored. Good coffee, too.

Years of exposure to good therapy can make it an enjoyable experience. I cringe in horror from comments (on my mental health 'pages') like: "My psychologist says I don't need my meds changed, but I am going crazy again. He/she isn't wants me to take lamictal/lithium/cymbalta, and it just isn't working for me..." I have actually seen a post where they were taking a woman's children away, and her psychologist thought she did, "need a break."

There are sickos out there in any profession: I was raped by an M.D.; so just be careful picking yours out...

Time to watch the grass grow. 




No comments:

Post a Comment