Saturday, April 6, 2013

More Than Enough

I have 5, count 'em, 5, 3 week old kittens: Mandrake, Verbena, Tiger Lily, Mickie, and Ash. I go from not enough Spring to the edge of more than enough. Of course, my cats hate the change...cats are not good with changes in environment, at least mine aren't.

Some idiot, with good intent, no doubt, "rescued" them. Despite the fact that they were healthy, and well-fed. They, then, took them to the pound. Maybe they didn't have good intent. Maybe it was just their way of avoiding 'fixing' the mother.

If that sounds like bitterness, it is. Although I am thrilled to have them in my life, I can tell they miss their mother...they swarm over me like bees on honeycomb. And that's after I feed them. She must have licked them, like I do with a bath cloth, with her tongue. She must have purred at them, which I can't do. I can only murmur softly, and call them by name. They have entered the human world, and it is cold and lonely for such as them, for all my efforts. Let's hope it doesn't stay that way.

They are on the very edge of weaning and using the litterbox. They have food and some litter to play with, but at this stage, it is much more interesting to play with me and each other.

I'll take pictures for you later. They are sleeping well and I am not about to shine a flash on them. Let sleeping kittens, lie.

It was a good therapy session with my psychologist yesterday, although I cried through most of it. I just don't have that thrill that Spring usually brings to me, this year. It was an enormously hard winter, and it is lasting longer than usual. The sight of trees blooming makes me ecstatic, and in love with the moon, but not this year, not yet. I suppose I have my heart set on that particular green of spring on the trees, and nothing else will suffice.

I feel no joy in writing at the moment. But once in a while, during meditation, I get a glimpse of peace. It is supposed to be very fine this week, and I hunger for it: the race of clouds overhead, with my hands deep in the dirt. Picking out what to plant, I want an herb garden this year...

1 comment:

  1. Hehe... I am babysitting a 6 month old German Shepherd named Zelda. Ziva and my cats are not very fond of her.

    ReplyDelete