Monday, April 1, 2013

Not An April Fool

Yesterday was beautiful in it's Spring-like way.

                                                                  not original to me

Today holds the promise of some kind of gentle spring. I am not insanely happy that it is April Fool's Day. I love the notion of a day to celebrate the medieval concept of a fool, however, considering my antipathy towards clowns...it ranks right up there with Valentine's. We all know how Alise feels about Valentine's, don't we?

Yesterday was a subdued day, a spring day, a rainy day. The unicorn meat eating cats have laid off from the hunt, at this birthing time of year. They huddle closer inside to me, and yet remain longer outside.
The celebration of the birth of the year is a happy thing for many, and as old a celebration as it gets.

The flagstones that compose my front door were dark slate all day, and a fine mist fell. Pink and white trees bloom. It's also puppy and kitten season, for those who are heartless and careless with the small lives entrusted to their care, and don't spay or neuter.

Today is a day, I will meet an Angel of Assisi, and pick up a terrified mother, and two smallish kittens, to foster for the next four weeks. It's my job to try to socialize the mother, and then the kits. Mother is first, as there is no way to get to the kittens, except through her, at the moment.

ATTENTION: A contest is started right now, for the names for the kittens and mother. The honor of naming goes to the several winners. Please start your suggestions below OR on my Facebook page at: Alise Stewart, Blue Ridge, VA. More pictures to follow. GO.



No comments:

Post a Comment