Friday, March 22, 2013

Sweetening Toward Spring

Nothing is more life-affirming than a good round of applause. The reading at Liminal went well, last night. I am decided that I have removed myself from the Arts scene in this small corner of the world, quite long enough...The withdrawal started with my Father's passing. It's full time to move on.

We wait for the snow again;  what a Spring this is turning out to be! The animals sleep softly, although Georgia is up and about. I have just played Chopin's "Berceuse, Op 57" for the dog, and was going back to sleep, but remembered that you wait here for me. 

I see more pink trees around me, everyday. It was tulip trees, last night, in the twilight, ghostly. They are my favorites, and I had one at the Old House. I can only hope that last night's frigid temperatures won't harm them.

 I love trees, especially to hold one, feel the bark, and stand on the roots. I have been healed more than once, since childhood, by standing on tree roots. They have an electric feel to them, that is soft and strong and gentle. In the winter, trees are iron sharp, cutting the land. In spring, they are softer, and float in a green mist. I have forgot, this long winter, that sometimes the mist is also pink, purple and white.

So, today, I can float on my feelings, and the knowledge of the coming of Spring; although I don't have a feel for the Spring, yet. I hope it comes soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment