Sunday, March 10, 2013

Change

Not only is there enough change in our world, but we must change something artificially, too. Of course, I am speaking of the time changing last night/this morning. Only on this day of the year, is my gift for waking in the wee hours welcome. Really, at 3 a.m. or 4 a.m., who the hell cares if the clock moves back or forward? If it happened during nap time, in the middle of the day, it would be a whole different story...

Only the promise of more daylight in the evening gets most folks to change their clocks. Although if you live in Arizona, it is not enough of an incentive. They do not change their time, but sit and wait for the rest of the U.S. to change back. How fun is that?

As I have stated before, February is really Spring for me, and I plan my small garden. Although I fall back on old favorites every year, daisies, lavender, impatiens, I like to play around with growing something a bit more exotic, if only in my mind. I love viney, climbey things: roses, bougainvillaea, wisteria, even ivy. And it's a good thing I love ivy, and moss, and impatiens, as I have a garden spot, just outside my door, that is perfect for all these shade lovers.

Of course, I miss the garden at the Old House, which was so established I didn't have to do anything to it...but now I have a chance to change around every year. I think I would like to change more, as I grow older, so it works for me.

I believe I have had enough coffee for this morning, and wonder when my friends on Facebook are planning to wake. Will they let themselves sleep in, or try to switch to the new time today? It's a toss up, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment