Monday, May 20, 2013

Red Sky

I am back into my routine, doing all the right things for me. I hate that I lost my sobriety last week, on Wednesday, but that is the past. The only thing to do is move on. Today I am grateful for: rain, shelter, food, my animals, coffee.Yesterday, I divorced all troubled relationships from my mind for the day, and surrounded myself with people who love me. There is a woman who helped me with my Mother, when Mom was dying. She is a household goddess in human form. As she cooked, she tended a baby playing at her feet, and one barely a month old. She moved between the stove, and both children, with practiced hands. Somehow, she understands that I am not my mental health diagnoses. It's soothing to be in her presence.

The frogs are back in the Pond. Every year here, the Pool devolves into the Pond, over the winter. To clean the pool, I have to get in the pond and sweep it, with a pool brush. The water is too cold yet. Cause I said so.

There is one lone bird out there this morning, and my lavender is about to bloom. We have had 3 days of differing kinds of rain: hissing, spitting, floating. The impatiens do wonderfully in this weather. I love the new green of the leaves, as the rain makes them gleam. The grass is lush, and hints of the pleasure of mowing. The violets have gone from the stones outside my door, but one lovely yellow flower blooms there, now. I think the zinnia will go in the ground, today.

The sky is light enough to turn off the porch light, which I leave on for the unicorn meat eating cats, to hunt by. My coffee is strong this morning, and I watch the gladiolas grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment