Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A New Adventure

Tuesday, 30 April 2013

I lit a partial cigarette this morning, and puffed deeply, only to find a burning itty bitty kitty dingleberry, dangling, and burning on the end...

Now that I am awake...I am out of kitten food, and need someone to hook me up today, probably Kroger. Angels of Assisi is so short of wet cat food, that they have none to spare that I can't better. That is, I am set on Iams wet kitten food, as being nothing short of a miracle for my own unicorn meat eating orphans, so long ago. I am convinced the reason they thrived was the Iams.

Wednesday, 1 May 2013

I have zero motivation to write today, but sometimes being a writer means doing it anyway. It's the same as being a human being, or any other job, for that matter. Now that the kittens are healthy and healing from their tummy upsets, I am sure it is time for them to go back to Angels of Assisi. One of the unicorn meat eating cats, Minkins, actually played with one of the kittens this morning. True, it was only "tiny toes under the door" but it was a wacking good game of it, all the same.

Someone is hissing under the bed, and a kitten runs across the keyboard, but this is a good morning. No one is vomiting, or has diarrhea...

If I could keep one or two, or only one, of course I would pick one of the smaller ones...Shrek, or Autumn. Of course, I would rename Autumn, and give her the name Shaherazade. She was the Princess in the Tales of the Arabian Nights who told all the stories, one after another, drawing them out, to stay alive.

Winston is absolutely  going to be one of the biggest cats I have ever seen.





He is twice the size of his litter mates. Oh, dear. I know I will cry when I give them up. I hope someone who absolutely adores cats are their new parents.

I hereby agree, to foster any of them again, if they are returned to Angels, at any time in perpetuity.

Although it appeals to the poet in me that I can now say, I have seen Autumn in April, and she is very beautiful...





No comments:

Post a Comment