Friday, May 3, 2013

I Should Be Asleep

The unicorn meat eating cats are in a tizzy this morning. They discovered yesterday, that the New Adventurers will be around for a couple of weeks more, not days, as they had anticipated. Panic ensued.
You can see how Minkins feels about this.

The expression on the faces of the unicorn meat eating cats, as they watch the gyrations of the New Adventurers, has been scientifically proven to be the exact same expression, that older members of the public wore, when seeing the Beatles on TV for the first time. 

My life is rich. It's made even richer by the fact of my official entry into menopause. Some mental illnesses become milder at this time of life. I certainly hope that mine do. I am prepared to celebrate this great event, and will be having a mani/pedi (manicure and pedicure) on Tuesday. I can't afford it, but am getting them anyway, as I can't afford anything and still don't have any money left at the end of the month.

I don't know exactly if Sequestration will put a temporary hold on my mental health treatments.. I check in at my shrink's office to see if my mental health workers are being paid, and so far they are. It won't be long though...

Other than all of this, my life is better now than several months ago. I still feel afraid to leave the house at times, but it is easier to face when I simply have to interact with a lawnmower. And to watch a New Adventurer recklessly fling itself off of my bed, heedless of peril, into the void, is not to be missed.

My paranoia is also in abatement, which makes life easier as well. I put it down solely to the action of Abilify, although it does put the weight on. It is rare to run into the creature that is the psychiatric medication that doesn't put on weight. I actually cannot think of one. But I am bitter right now, as I have eaten a raspberry filled doughnut as a midnight snack, instead of yoghurt.

As for the state of this world, and of events I have no control over, the Sequester, bombs, war, inequality, I push them out of my mind when I am not asked to speak up over them. I know, more than some, that dwelling on madness, only increases madness. I do what I can, help where I can, speak when I can.

But, for right now, at this small hour of the morning, all I think of, is the suspicious slithering sounds coming from the next room, and watch over the gentle, sleeping cat who dreams of unicorns.



No comments:

Post a Comment