Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What I Really Want

What I really want, without doubt, is to go back to sleep right now. I have been awake since 2:30 a.m., and I am getting nothing accomplished. Some wild hair wants me to go ahead and get up, take a shower, eat and all that fun awake stuff. But I refuse.

Sure, in a few weeks, when the time changes, it will be time to get up now, but I am holding out. Between the shitty job done at the Oscars, and the Sequester; I simply refuse to face reality right now. But don't panic...I am still taking my anti-evil pill. Otherwise I would turn into someone that belongs in Slytherin House.

I saw a post in Facebook today, from a republican friend, who says, 'Who give a rat's rear end about the Sequester? Why shouldn't government workers lose their jobs like the rest of us have?' Of course, I am loosely translating for her here...That teachers, cops, and firefighters are government workers doesn't seem to register with her. And the most stunning fact: that the Congress won't lose any jobs, is shoved under the door.

However hairy my own background with the police, I really want to have them around during, say, a break-in to my apartment. I would also invite them to any fights that seem to be shaping up in my future. I am not a fighter, per se, and trust in the police to stop the other person before they get to me...and things of that nature.

At least today, I have a reason to get up...my Borderline group is today. I truly enjoy getting together with other people that are human in the same way that I am. It's not a tragedy if there is a whole herd of us. And that pretty much sums up the human condition, ladies and gentlemen. My mental disabilities give me a lot of comfort, after all. Every time something outrageous floats through my head, I can chalk it up to one of my disorders. Since they cover the spectrum of all human emotion and thought, I am never without something to blame my thoughts on...including my creativity.

In other news, the unicorn meat eating cats have accepted the rain in their lives as a part of a spring ritual that they cannot fully fathom. The dog is harder to convince...the cats have litter boxes, after all, while he is stuck going outside without an umbrella. It's amazing how snotty a two year old stray dog can get about being pampered. I blame the cats entirely in his case. They have given the dog their attitude about being waited on and played with and fed properly. And there's no undoing the damage now. Believe me when I tell you that, right now, he is asleep and snoring softly, with his head on a pink satin pillow embroidered with butterflies. It's his favorite...

I just have to face, right now, that 6 a.m. is early afternoon for me. When, what I really want, is to be hours from waking up. 



No comments:

Post a Comment