Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Slow as Molasses Creams

The unicorn meat eating cats move slower and slower. The winter wears on them, although the unicorn herds move more in the winter time. I know, because I once spent a winter night, outdoors on a deck at the Old House in a sleeping bag, to watch the stars. And, after I got my service dog, Eddie, he would go out into the misty night to bark at them.

Today is a day I have started much too early. Max had to go 'outside' at 3 am, and it has all been downhill since then.

The 17th of February is the anniversary of my Mother's death. How fitting it was that she passed right after her especial holiday, Valentine's. And so, that is the only softening agent at work in me toward this eminently boring day. Really, this holiday engenders in me the same emotion as a good Chick Flick. Total ennui. Lethargy. The same feeling I would get from eating vanilla pudding until I am sick.

 I say this as someone who, until informed otherwise this weekend, thought of "Hellboy" as a good Chick Flick. It is, after all, a romantic comedy...And today, I am off to buy the newest of Chick Flicks, "Skyfall", the latest James Bond/Daniel Craig thriller. Instead,  it was pointed out to me that my sense of Chick Flick was a 'bit rough' for the real Chick Flick fan. I mean, JLo isn't in any of the movies I have mentioned. Or Julia Roberts...

As Douglas Adams so eloquently pointed out, the last thing the universe needs is a sense of perspective.

And, just to make the holiday personal: my apartment is all off-white, with dark woods and splashes of red. I love it. Love. And so, the after effects of going to the local market, and encountering walls of red and pink, flowers, candy, clothes, you name it, is overkill.

And this is followed by the all green holiday, St. Patrick's Day, that is followed by pastels come Easter. It's just too much, I tell you. Too, too much. 

That's ok. Today is therapy group day, and my head will be set straight before I know it. Today, I actually get to see my therapist. And for two hours, all will be right with the world. Here's hoping you enjoy the equivalent. Good Morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment