Monday, February 25, 2013

A Climbing Rose

Hello, All. My mojo is coming in starts and fits at the tag end of winter...the days are slowly getting warmer and longer. It's almost time to change the clocks. I really protest this change of time thingy we got going on in this country, but I waste my breath.

So be it.

I completely missed the Oscars last night, but caught up with them this morning, without having to go through that limp ceremony that was called a tribute to James Bond, and ended up being a tribute to the music of one of his films...I hated to read that; I love the Bond flicks and books. But, at least Adele got a nod for her song, "Skyfall". After all, Barbara Broccoli's revamping of the series, that had gotten old and tired under her husband's hand, deserves official acknowledgement.

Back to the real world...the unicorn meat eating cats can tell that it's almost Spring, and I happily let them in and out numerous times a day. They aren't the only ones that can feel the change in the air and the light. Spring would be a time of unmitigated joy and wonder if it weren't for the fact of the Time Change. However, this is the time of year that I feel like pawing in the mud alongside the dog. This year, for indoors, I am going to plant impatiens. I think they will do well at the entrance, and inside as well, considering the lack of natural light in the apartment.

I miss the garden at the old house, but it's just as much fun to build a new one. And I have a place for a climbing rose, finally.

As for me, a change in my health is about to make the sluggish lifestyle I adopted a few years back, obsolete. If I don't change my ways, I always find my Higher Power has something to say about it.

My experience of my Higher Power has been changing, lately, as well. I feel much closer to it than I ever have before. I, who have never been without a sense of the Divine. I don't feel 'holier' than...sometimes I have felt picked on. And I am more 'anti-organization' than some folk...I don't like Religion. And I don't like the patriarchal connotations of the word, "Higher".

What I feel around me is simply Power, in all the best sense of the word. And I feel an answering of that Power in me. And I believe that one day, I will completely answer that call, and away from my body I will go.

Enough of the Divine for now. I didn't bring you here to discuss the Universal Power, but to share time with you. It is, ultimately, all that I have to give...along with some kindness and attention. So it's a good time to say that, "I love you" here and now, in this Spring. It will be one of millions, but like no other. So, I leave you now to reflect on your presence in my life. Let us reflect together, away from this page, about the coming months of Spring, when all are new, once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment