Thursday, February 7, 2013

'Like' Me, Dammit

Ok, it's that time of year to get tough with myself. You know what I mean, don't pretend you don't. This "eating a healthy salad for dinner and following with a box of chocolates" time of year has got to go. After all, it's almost spring time, and the magazines will be advertising new colors of nail polish and predicting the favorite color of the year in no time.

Just because lately we have run the heat and the air conditioner on the same days, does not let us out of our duties to start shaving our legs again (for those that do, no judgement...) and creating that sugar scrub for your feet that you can make at home.

Also, this whiny attitude of "I don't want to write my blog, today." Yeah, that attitude. That has to go. I feel the lack lately, as I hunker down in bed and pull the covers over my head. After all, that's why we all take those anti-Evil pills, right?

And this time of the morning, what with texting my therapist in the grey dawn, and going over my tax returns and bank balance obsessively...this has to go. What has to go for you? I bet I have named at least one; if nothing more than that you are dying to know the recipe for the home sugar scrub.

After all, Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" is playing at the local Symphony Orchestra, long may it wave, and a surer sign of Spring, I don't know.

On a relevant note: I have been going to bed at 8 pm, and then taking the dog out to pee at 1 am. I am cleaning for others, but not myself, and wearing perfume has become irrelevant. There are currently 4 layers of blankets on my bed, along with the body heat of the animals, so that I may adjust my temperature through the night, at whim. Dust and clutter are everywhere. And my car needs to be cleaned...

What more can I say? It's time to text my therapist.

No comments:

Post a Comment