Sunday, February 10, 2013

Cold, Coffee, Chocolate

I'm not cold, but I have one.

Going through the local market last night, was an orgy of pink and red covered chocolates. The key to buying them is the day AFTER Valentine's Day. Which is not going to work for most of you, I realize that. However, for the die hard chocolate fan, the day after any holiday is a winner.

The lovely colors inspired me to buy a "party bag" of Reese cups. The only other good thing about the upcoming-upchucking holiday? The local shelter, Angels of Assisi, is having a photographer come in. For a donation, you may have pictures of you and your most beloved pet made...

Yes, yes. I am yet another American who has 'babified' her pets. But, at least, I haven't babiefied any cutsy pets. That is: my pets are, on the whole, rough and tough. Minkins has had the easiest life of them all. He lost his mother at birth, and was hand raised by me. It makes him terribly shy and very affectionate. Georgia was abandoned at the local pound by her family, which was moving; at least, that's what they said. Rat Face was found in a field, scrounging food from the neighbors, abandoned. That's all of the unicorn meat eating cats.

Max, the dog, was abandoned on a country road, and lived off of the good graces of two families. When one family moved to Virginia, they took Max with them, out of concern for his future. He is classified as 'unadoptable' by the pound...he is possessive with his toys and food, and also has seizures.

He is the one I will be getting pictures with. None of the others has the time or temperament to stand for that kind of nonsense. You can view all of them on my Facebook page.

Back to the horrible holiday. You do realize that much saccharine can cause cancer, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment