Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hard Boiled Egg

Whoa! Who would've believed that I could make it to the New Year last night. But indeed, my sleep patterns are so messed up I was actually able to 'ring in' the New Year, albeit, on the computer next to the dog, Max, and Ratty Catty maneuvering for the best spot on the bed.

I haven't checked the news yet this morning, but heard Congress adjourned without a resolution to the fiscal cliff...while managing to give themselves a raise. O, dear reader! I believe in Obama, but what was he thinking when he signed this one? We need to rise up, People!

This is the kind of news that tells me to wear my Sassy Pants today...

I suppose today is a day of celebration and reflection, if you insist. The thing is, I do so much reflecting anyway, being a writer, that I would like to take a day off from pondering and relax. I know my writer friends know what I mean.

And of course, the news will be filled today with everyone's lists of 'good and bad', if you're into that dichotomy. But, having coffee with you this morning, I have no list to offer. You should feel good about that; I just want to smell the coffee and spend time talking with you. I would like to feel new in this old world. And wish everyone would behave the way I think they should...but that is not going to happen, and is a pattern of thought I have abandoned for the much better one of "Live and Let Live."

Not that I can't protest if I think you are wrong...but apparently the government doesn't see it that way. The scary news that the FBI, and some other government agencies investigated, cracked down on, and may have planned assassinations toward, the "Occupy" movement is the scariest thing I can think of for the New Year, my friends.

To me, the Occupy movement is the epitome of peaceful and lawful speaking of the mind(s). And to think that the government considers that a physical and internal threat, means way too many people have way too much power, money and time on their hands. It is the breakdown of our civilization. Rome was not known for such lengths, but Hitler's Germany was. So was Stalin's Russia.

I would like to paint a cheerier picture this morning. There is always Hope. But, my friends, I put it to you that I have lived without Hope, and it's not life.

I don't make New Year's resolutions, why set myself up for failure? But I do resolve, here and now, and I hope I resolve in your company, that I will be involved more this year. That I will speak up, until I am silenced. That I will work for the Human, and the other nations of Animals, and not for the company profit personhood that has overtaken the world, and now seeks to stifle us.

Look around you this morning, and thank whatever force of the Universe you belong to, that others surround you. And hopefully, they love you as much as you love them. Because that is the Hope the World rests on. You are Hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment