Saturday, January 5, 2013

Meditation

True winter sun came out yesterday for a time, and I drove through the hills of the neighboring county until I was filled with it.

I have, for the first time in months, bought some coffee by the pound from Mill Mountain Coffee and Tea (MMCT) and I am trying not to jump out of my skin. I love to go to MMCT, just to hang out. The baristas are always young and hip, quite funny considering my father's generation grew up inhaling coffee. But all the stores have comfortable chairs, and big, big windows. The floors are wood, and so reflect the sun coming in the windows. They cook and grind their own coffee, and the scent when you walk in is better than the coffee itself. It's composed of tea, herbal and otherwise, coffees from around the world, bottles of flavorings, and the unbelievable desserts sitting in a glass case as you walk in, which is just cruel. Cruel, I tell you, just cruel.

I mean, who can consume dark, handsome coffee and deny the Snickers pie? Only a madman. My favorite MMCT is in the small town of Daleville, where I used to live. Simply the charms listed above, and the familiarity makes it my fav.

I sit next to my Corgi mix this morning, who deeply sleeps and makes me want to do the same, I try to remember why I thought espresso had any caffeine in it, as I sip Tanzania Peaberry. I have already headed off an argument between the unicorn meat eating cats, and assured Max he doesn't need to go outside at this hour. Ah, the small things that make up our day.

And today, I will spend more time in the sunlight, and watch the gold fields with their tree shadows shifting in the wind. Enjoy your coffee or tea this morning, and know I am thinking of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment