Sunday, December 30, 2012

Just Give Me the Usual

I have lit the ceramic Christmas tree this morning, as I need a pick me up. For some reason, the espresso isn't helping to calm me...

Georgia, the newest unicorn meat eating cat, has become bold, venturing into the bedroom and beyond in search of adventure. But how can she be a unicorn meat eating cat, as same as the boys, if she doesn't leave the apartment to hunt in the yard? Well, the dog brings it to her, and if she runs low, I order from Schwanns. It's a company that delivers food to the homebound, notable for the big pictures of ice cream on it's trucks. And steak, and to a select clientele, unicorn meat.

If you call them, they will deny it.

I woke up firmly and adamantly at 3 am my time today. And I am just passing the time until the friend I think I have offended, but am not sure, contacts me to let me know one way or another...sometimes it is terrible to be stuck in my head.

It goes along with nights, sometimes, where I eat, almost in my sleep. And it is sure to be a diet of quickly available, therefore highly processed foods, like cookies. I never eat veggie chili in the middle of the night, only the high fat version. Do you do this, too?

 I don't need to count sheep. I have a heavily snoring dog beside me, as kind of a sleep lullaby; and the cats are certainly not going to wake simply because I have. So they lie in sometimes contorted poses, oblivious to me and my lights and coffee and stirrings. And I try to be as quiet as I can, aware that they need their beauty sleep, and their wild dreams of chasing unicorns, and the freedom they deserve.




No comments:

Post a Comment