Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Bayberry

I woke at 4 am for the hell of it and I am regretting that decision as we speak. I have pulled out all five boxes of my Christmas crap, and I am condensing down to What I Really Like to See at Christmas. That includes the tacky snow ball thingy with the reindeer and the fir tree on the outside, and the ceramic tree that my grandmother made.

I have already pulled out the winter pajamas, and decided to change the apt. colors to red and white, with a deep green accompaniment. And it's the time of year to drink the spruce flavored coffee or whatever.  I loathe flavored coffees with a passion. It's my view that, if it smells like a candle, it should be lit and put in the corner, preferably somewhere near a wall that will reflect a glow. NOT drank with something else pumpkin flavored and equally sugary.

The only "good" sugar I can stand is a coffee cake, preferably with icing. Not that cream cheese stuff either, but the sour creamy, sticky bun stuff....it's just a thing.

Ratty tried to confront the new, now-unicorn-meat-eating cat, Georgia, yesterday. The sneaky boy had climbed on top of the dryer and was making his way over to her food, when I heard her hissing. It is such a delight to have a female in the clowder* again. And Max? He's snoring under the toile bedspread.

I hear Kate Middleton is preggers. Let the day unfold.



*clowder: group, or 'tribe' of cats.




1 comment:

  1. A flavored coffee dilemma. You know my feelings on it. Has to be roasted into the bean... no liquor flavored mess for me... especially with the fake sugars they put in that flavoring... those do taste like a candle!
    Kate Middleton pregnant? That would be great!
    Female kitties make the clowder behave. :)

    ReplyDelete